Wednesday, January 6, 2010

There is a First for Everything!


We've had a lot of "firsts" these past couple of weeks and I wanted to share a few of them with you.

On New Years Eve, Derek and I gave Van his first bath. He did not like it so much! He hates being cold so sitting in a sling over warm water and being washed wasn't the best experience for him. It didn't take long to get him clean and wrap him in a towel!

Instead of bathing him again, he took his first shower with Derek and he enjoyed that so much more! Looks like we have found the best way to keep him smelling baby fresh for now. (Sorry no picture!)

At three weeks old, the pediatrician recommended that we start giving him a bottle everyday for a week so that he will learn to take one when we are not home. Derek was very excited to be able to feed him! It was also recommended that I leave the house so Van couldn't hear my voice or smell me but he is such a great eater that he took that bottle regardless.

Van now weighs 11 pounds 5 ounces! He goes in for his 1 month check-up on January 11th. We can't believe how quickly the month has gone by and cannot imagine life without our peanut.

It has been absolutely freezing here in Charlotte but we wanted to test out our Baby Jogger so we bundled Van up and took him to the EpiCentre for a little shopping! He looked like a little Eskimo!

In this picture you will notice his Sleep Sheep (we call him Lamb-y) which we do not go anywhere without. Lamb-y is worth his weight in gold! Being like his father, Van loves the sounds of water - rain and ocean waves. As soon as we turn on Lamb-y he falls right to sleep!

Derek has been introducing Van to lots of music. Here is Van during his first listen to the musical soundings of Jay-Z. "Can I get a what what?"

Today Van and I went to our first playdate with Brooke, Baby Hudson, Ashley and Baby Ella. It was a lot of fun and we're already looking forward to seeing everyone again next week. It's so helpful being able to talk to other moms who have babies around the same age and see what their days and nights are like!

Van is a great sleeper. He naps off and on during the day with about two to three hours of alertness. At night it varies, we try to go to bed by 10 and right now he usually wakes up twice a night to nurse. He loves to babble in his sleep and make lots of noise. My favorite thing to hear is his sweet baby laughter!

Baxter loves playtime.

He smiles at us more and more showing off that sweet dimple. We are so in love with our little man!

3 comments:

  1. Melissa, I really love reading the blog. I check it every couple of days hoping you will have posted. The little man is just so precious and I love the pictures! Keep it up! It's so fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! Van looks so tiiiiiiny in that jogger! :) So cute. Can't wait to see him again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avery was obsessed with 50 Cent's P.I.M.P. She also enjoy's Jay-Z.

    ReplyDelete