Friday, July 10, 2009

Drumroll, Please.....It's a Boy!!!!!!


We had our 18 week appointment with our midwife Lindsay and all is well! The baby's heartbeat was a strong 151 bpm! We had an ultrasound done and they checked peanut from head to toes, counted all his fingers, looked at his brain, the chambers of his heart and he is a perfectly healthy baby boy! Derek and I were pleasantly shocked that we are having a boy. We totally expected a girl since all our friends are having girls but now there will be a little boy in the mix!







Derek was so surprised he asked the ultrasound tech, "Are you sure?" And right at the moment she had the second picture above on the flat screen, she looked at it and said, "That would be one upset little girl!"

So I'm almost halfway there and I've only gained 6 out of the total 20 pounds I'd like to gain. I've been able to eat healthfully now that the first trimester is over and I've been working out 4-5 times a week. I feel wonderful except for the shortness of breath and how easily winded I get when I am working out. All to be expected with this baby bump!
 
I went into my modeling agency Wilhelmina-Evolution yesterday and my agent Scott took a couple of digital pictures to send to the maternity agency called Expecting Mothers in New York City. We should hear back from them in the next week or so and I might be spending 4-6 weeks in New York going on castings!!




Derek and I have come up with two names that we both love and instead of trying to pick a name now, we are going to wait until he is born and see what he looks like. He'll either look like Lucas Pierce Utsey or Van Tillman Utsey!

Baby Boy loves:
Cottage cheese with tomatoes & salt & pepper
BLT sandwiches
coffee with sugar & creamer
salad with lots of veggies
Bit-O-Honey
Nerds
lifting weights
Derek singing :>)

Baby Boy Not so fond of:
Sleeping on my back
cardio
walking up stairs
meat grilling

No comments:

Post a Comment