Sunday, April 7, 2013

Not So Spring Break 2013

on Easter Sunday we all loaded up and drove to the mountains, mimi and papa, josh, derek, me, the kids, all the pups and my dad!! my mom is in bali for two weeks so we asked him to come with us.

the guys and dogs only stayed for Easter then they all drove home on Monday to get back to work.

it was nice to get out of charlotte and spend some quality time with Mama U. 

the cabin is pretty secluded, as in 45 minutes from the closest grocery store, but it was my favorite type of getaway - you have nothing to do! and there is only cell service if you stand in the farthest corner of the patio which didn't seem to work so well with my phone.

So, what did we do all day you ask?

well, we were quite  lazy all day! we did a little bit of playing outside but it was chilly so time spent outside was short lived.

van loved collecting rocks with Mimi and throwing them in the creek that runs beside the cabin. rory and i stayed pretty snuggled inside by the warm fire.

we made s'mores everyday, sometimes right after breakfast!

we went into the closest town, 40 minutes away, on Tuesday and shopped a couple boutiques, ate lunch and walked around.

At night, Mimi and I enjoyed some prosecco and caught up on our Real Housewives. I think we were in bed by 10pm pretty much every night and surprisingly the littles slept really well in a new place!

Rory practiced her walking skills


and played "where is Rory?" with daddy (she threw up on him right after this!!!!)

Van and Derek exploring the creek

watching the clouds roll in

we spent a lot of time in our pjs

this was pretty much my outfit the whole time we were there

Bath time fun!


warming up after a bath

toasty buns

Rory turned 8 months while we were there

Mimi and Van throwing rocks in the creek

the cabin from the end of the driveway

It was pretty sunny the whole time we were there and the temps were in the low 50s during the day and low 30s at night. then on the way home on thursday, it was sleeting and snowing! Ummmmm, I thought it was spring??

we had such a great time but it was good to get back home and see D.

*Vanism: Van has gotten into the funny routine of calling D - Derek instead of Daddy, much to Derek's dismay*

Hopefully I'll be back to the cabin soon for a girls' weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I know you know how lucky you are to have such a marvelous mother in law! I wish I had the same! Sounds like a great trip to me! Let's get together later in the week! Kellan misses Rory and I miss you!

    ReplyDelete