“What it's like to be a parent: It's one of the hardest things you'll ever do but in exchange it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love.”
― Nicholas Sparks
― Nicholas Sparks
I thought I understood the meaning of unconditional love until my babies. Now the love I have (FOR EVERYONE) has deepened in so many ways. It fills every nook and cranny of my heart. I was scared before Rory got here. I wasn't sure how I could possibly love another child as much as I loved Van. God is amazing in that way, I didn't have to share my love of Van with Rory. He opened up this whole other part of my heart and made room for just her.
It's hard to believe that she has been with us for 6 months. It's probably my complete and utter lack of sleep but time has passed so quickly. And I am trying to hang on to every single moment as hard as I can.
So, I don't take as many pictures as I want. And I forget what day it is (a lot). Laundry piles up and I cook even less than I did before (which was hardly ever!)
But life is great and full of love (and some tears) and that is all I could ever hope for. It is exactly what I want my babies to remember when they are older.
I tried to do a little photo shoot today with Van and Rory. Rory is a bit easier to get to stay still and her attention is easily caught by waving the lens cap or singing a song. Van is denying me of capturing his handsome face (for today at least). The life of a three year old!
I'm telling you it's been one of those days. Van was put into time-out in Jr. Gym twice today! And several more times at home. So, getting him to even kiss his sister's head was a stretch. But you can't have one without the other. Rory is so in love with him. Van does no wrong in her eyes. And as soon as she is able to really move he better watch out!
| Typical sibling encounter Van is uber protective. |
| Rory and her sticky fingers, reaching for everything in sight. |
| So confident with her big brother behind her. |
| Gets me every time. |
![]() |
| Give me some sugar! |
Rory, at this age you are a little too big for your britches.
You aren't crawling yet but it's coming soon. Instead, you roll all over the place. You're getting onto hands and knees and rocking but you give in and roll to get where you want to go.
You are so strong and have this grip I never expected. You've already broken a piece of my china by grabbing on and flinging it onto the floor.
You can hold yourself up in the sitting position and you are trying to sit up from laying down. Working those core muscles!
Standing is lots of fun and you jump so much you tire out whoever is holding onto you.
Umm, you love breakfast and dinner time. Not so much the eating, you take a couple bites but you just love to sit in your highchair and be a part of the meal.
Foods you like:
Sweet potatoes (with anything)
Avocado (most favorite)
Avocado (most favorite)
Carrots
Sweet peas
Plain oatmeal
Bananas (give or take)
Apples (it's a new flavor)
Yo-Baby Blueberry Yogurt
Food you cannot stand:
Green Beans
Go-gurt
A raw carrot (I did not let you chew this, you leaned in so I let you put it in your mouth and suck). You threw up your lunch. (Very strong gag reflex)
It's a little early but I've given you cheerios and puffs to play with while I am making breakfast. You have choked on the cheerios so I will wait another month or two before trying those again but you like to pick up the puffs and try to put them in your mouth. Every now and then you succeed!
You are a babbling brook and it's funny because most everyone can tell what you are trying to say by your body language and facial expressions. You are quite dramatic.
You have two teeth and are learning to use them. I think a couple more are making their way to the surface because you constantly have your fingers in your mouth.
We had your 6 month well visit with mommy's friend Dr. Cross on Monday and it went fabulous.
You weigh 19 lbs 4.5 oz (still breastfed 100%). I had to pat myself on the back for that! (90-95% for age group)
You are 26 3/4 inches long. (Wearing 12 months clothes!)(85% for age group)
and
Your head was 43 1/2 cm (80% for age group).
You are growing my sweet and you are such a happy, healthy bebe!
Toys are a new love of your life. You have your favorites and if someone takes something away from you that you really want, you let them know.
As in, you have a dinosaur like squeal when you get mad, excited, etc.
Your giggle fills a room and is music to our ears. Van gets the most giggles, followed quickly by Baxter & Hurley.
You are sleeping in a crib (for most of the night) but still getting me up to nurse 3-4 times a night so honestly you end up in our bed a lot due to my laziness. Hey, whatever gets us (as a family) the most sleep is what is right in the moment.
You have a lot of nicknames, some of my favorite: Bean, Rora, Chunky Monkey, Sissy and Smiley.
Rory, you are the happiest baby and so easy. You LOVE your brother so much already and have this obvious bond with him that makes me a bit jealous (I always wanted an older brother), we love you more with every beat of our hearts and I just can't wait to watch you grow. Happy half-birthday Bean!
-xoxo-


It's amazing how as I'm reading this I'm nodding my head yep yep yep! They are both 6 months so they're developing really well. I'm nursing him as well and you're so right he does come to bed a lot & sometimes CIO doesn't get us any sleep... Precious babies you have! I want another ASAP haha
ReplyDeleteIt's not you! The time has flown by!
ReplyDelete