Well we had an absolutely wonderful weekend at Candace & Clay's wedding. It was so much fun and my sister looked beyond stunning. Beautiful weekend. Beautiful wedding. Beautiful bride!
At Candace's final dress fitting. Her Bridal Consultant Anna took this picture because she couldn't get over how similar our profiles looked and thought it was appropriate - first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby!
All the bridesmaids went to Polished for mani/pedi's on the Wednesday before the wedding. We had a nice relaxing time together before all the wedding festivities began and before we all left Charlotte for Kiawah Island.
The Lukoskie Family & Schneider Family stayed in houses that were connected by an upstairs door. There is a lot of laughter when our families get together and a lot of late nights. I couldn't resist staying up and visiting with everyone and have to say I was a pretty good trooper! Baby Utsey got lots of love & attention from all!
Derek and I had the responsibility of picking up "The Dress" in Charlotte and escorting it to Kiawah. Derek was so nervous and kept asking how we got this task. While driving he kept looking back at the dress (which took up our entire back seat) to make sure it was ok and not getting wrinkled. Then "The Dress" stayed in our room those first two nights and he was like, "What if I get up in the middle of the night and do something to THE DRESS?" Candace got a kick out of torturing her brother and you can see her laughing at his anxiety!
Rehearsal was about to start. I can't believe how fast this weekend flew by. It was such a special couple of days for me.
I love you - those three words have my life in them.
Candace & her ladies.
Such a beautiful couple!
Derek and I played a little game with the betrothed. It was similar to The Newly Wed game and I think it was a big hit. They had us close to tears with their answers!
For you Haley.........
What a special moment. Now both of daddy's girls have been given away.
My favorite picture. This is so Skittles!
Candace & I were both very blessed that our Uncle Karl married us. He holds a very special place in both of our hearts.
Let the party begin! And what a fabulous party it was. I danced so much that night I ended up having Braxton Hicks contractions when we got home. Thank goodness they weren't painful! Baby Utsey was showing off his dance moves!
We are almost at the 30 week mark which means there are about 10 weeks to go! Peanut will be here before we know it and we cannot wait to meet him or as Derek says, "Get this show on the road!" He gets the biggest grin on his face when he talks about meeting his son. I look forward to seeing him hold little man for the first time. I know I will cry.
I have my next mid-wife appointment tomorrow and we've already started going every 2 weeks. I have several baby showers coming up in the next 2 months and I just can't wait to get all my loved ones together to celebrate Peanut. He is so loved and doesn't even know it yet.
Peanut Loves:
Spending time with family
Dancing
Hanging out in mom's ribs
Staying up late
Naps
Peanut could live without:
Having to make toasts
Braxton Hicks contractions
Getting woken at 3 am by our salsa dancing neighbor
Big meals
Getting up early
No comments:
Post a Comment